Welcome to YMCA Newcastle
We have 4 Apprenticeship vacancies,
Please call us for more details
4 Apprenticeship posts – Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise
This role is to work in a newly established social enterprise providing speciality mushrooms to restaurants and processed food manufacturing plants.
During the Apprenticeship you will work in every aspect of the social enterprise including product development, customer relationship management, marketing, face2face sales, web sales, finance, production, distribution.
Daily duties and responsibilities of this role will vary, during your apprenticeship you rotate between the tasks detailed below:
- Customer Relationship management; Secure and manage relationships with coffee suppliers, restaurants, wholesalers and food processors.
- Marketing; Implement the multi-platform marketing strategy to create market share and secure sales
- Create marketing materials
- Sales; Implement sales strategy to meet targets for each product form different markets
- Production; All aspects of production including;
- Sourcing and collecting used coffee grounds
- Assembly of growing bags
- Nurture growing mushrooms
- Harvesting mushrooms
- Converting used growbags into compost
- Distribution; All aspects of distribution including;
- Quality control
- Record keeping
- Business Administration; All aspects of business administration including;
- Record keeping
- Finance planning
- Book keeping
- Planning and forecasting
- Product development; Developing a range of new products including
- Market research
- Product design
- Product testing
- Market creation
You will also be required to :
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Complete a range of health and Safety qualifications
- Work to the organisation’s policies and procedures
If this Apprenticeship interests you please call us on 0191 2765327
YMCA Newcastle was founded in 1849 and has been supporting the city’s young people ever since. We are an independent local charity, and use all donations and funding given to us in order to keep supporting young people and find new ways to help our future generation of Newcastle.
Our mission is to “Provide unconditional support to young people”.
We believe every young person can achieve their full potential, that’s why we base our projects and goals on our beliefs and values:
Equality: We treat every one as equals, however we work to reduce inequalities and allocate our resources depending on individual needs and circumstances.
Respect: We respect individuals for who they are regardless of their circumstances.
Tolerance: Our culture is non-judgemental and tolerant of different lifestyles, values or beliefs.
Openness: Our culture is transparent so that all our stakeholders can see the work we do.
Integrity: By acting in accordance with our organisational beliefs and values to do the right things, in the right way and the right time.
Sustainability: We strive for long term sustainability by governing the organisation to ensure its long term ability to meet the future needs of the young people of Newcastle.
We seek out opportunities to make impact on people’s lives, we welcome everyone, we inspire young people to realise their own potential, we stand up for them and speak out on issues that affect them and we are committed to serve the communities.