Welcome to YMCA Newcastle
We have 1 Enterprise Manager and 5 Apprenticeship vacancies,
Please call us for more details
Social Enterprise Manager – 25 hours per week
Salary; £25,541, (pro rata to £17,027) on appointment with the potential to rise to £32,495 (pro rata to £ 21,663) over time and on completion of a supported development programme
With a minimum of 5 years’ experience of business development or management and a minimum Level 4 Business related qualification you will be responsible for setting up and running a small product producing social enterprise employing local young people to grow speciality mushrooms for local restaurants and to supply a national food processing company.
You will have the necessary experience and qualifications to perform and oversee the following tasks in the social enterprise; product development, customer relationship management, marketing, face2face sales, web sales, finance, production and distribution. You will require a driving licence and be subject to a Disclosure and Baring Check on appointment and every 2 years.
We want a creative and dynamic manager, determined to succeed and passionate about making a difference. In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package, training and support.
For an application pack contact 0191 2765327
Applications close on Mon 3rd April 2017 at 9.00am
Interviews will take place on Fri 6th April 2017
For additional information or an informal discussion contact Jeff Hurst on 0191 2765327
4 Apprenticeship posts – Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise
This role is to work in a newly established social enterprise providing speciality mushrooms to restaurants and processed food manufacturing plants.
During the Apprenticeship you will work in every aspect of the social enterprise including product development, customer relationship management, marketing, face2face sales, web sales, finance, production, distribution.
Daily duties and responsibilities of this role will vary, during your apprenticeship you rotate between the tasks detailed below:
- Customer Relationship management; Secure and manage relationships with coffee suppliers, restaurants, wholesalers and food processors.
- Marketing; Implement the multi-platform marketing strategy to create market share and secure sales
- Create marketing materials
- Sales; Implement sales strategy to meet targets for each product form different markets
- Production; All aspects of production including;
- Sourcing and collecting used coffee grounds
- Assembly of growing bags
- Nurture growing mushrooms
- Harvesting mushrooms
- Converting used growbags into compost
- Distribution; All aspects of distribution including;
- Quality control
- Record keeping
- Business Administration; All aspects of business administration including;
- Record keeping
- Finance planning
- Book keeping
- Planning and forecasting
- Product development; Developing a range of new products including
- Market research
- Product design
- Product testing
- Market creation
You will also be required to :
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Complete a range of health and Safety qualifications
- Work to the organization’s policies and procedures
1 Apprenticeship Post – Digital Media and Marketing
This role is to implement the digital portion of the Charities marketing plan, manage the online content, and oversee the social media traffic. Additionally you will be using templates to create marketing materials on Adobe and Microsoft applications as well as creating photographs and videos.
Daily duties and responsibilities of this role are detailed below:
- Devising strategies to drive online traffic to the company website.
- Developing and managing digital marketing campaigns.
- Utilising a range of techniques including paid search, SEO and PPC.
- Overseeing the social media strategy for the company.
- Managing online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness.
- Managing the web site content.
- Planning and budgetary control of all digital marketing.
- Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
- Review new technologies and keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
- Tracking conversion rates and making improvements to the website.
- Create photographic and video images for use on all marketing materials.
You will also be required to :
- Maintain office operations by receiving calls, replying to emails etc.
- Communicating with youth workers to create content for them.
- Work from our 4 different sites across the week
YMCA Newcastle was founded in 1849 and has been supporting the city’s young people ever since. We are an independent local charity, and use all donations and funding given to us in order to keep supporting young people and find new ways to help our future generation of Newcastle.
Our mission is to “Provide unconditional support to young people”.
We believe every young person can achieve their full potential, that’s why we base our projects and goals on our beliefs and values:
Equality: We treat every one as equals, however we work to reduce inequalities and allocate our resources depending on individual needs and circumstances.
Respect: We respect individuals for who they are regardless of their circumstances.
Tolerance: Our culture is non-judgemental and tolerant of different lifestyles, values or beliefs.
Openness: Our culture is transparent so that all our stakeholders can see the work we do.
Integrity: By acting in accordance with our organisational beliefs and values to do the right things, in the right way and the right time.
Sustainability: We strive for long term sustainability by governing the organisation to ensure its long term ability to meet the future needs of the young people of Newcastle.
We seek out opportunities to make impact on people’s lives, we welcome everyone, we inspire young people to realise their own potential, we stand up for them and speak out on issues that affect them and we are committed to serve the communities.